Friday 29 January 2010

Getting the hang of it


My second week of Slimming World is going well. Really well. I feel like I actually understand what I'm supposed to be eating now (I confess I didn't really read the books last week due to being so busy) and, more importantly, what I'm not supposed to be eating.

Breakfasts have been super healthy. I went to Marks & Spencer on Tuesday and stocked up on loads of yummy strawberries, raspberries and grapes. I've been having those and a chopped up granny smith apple, with a pot of Shape fat free yoghurt on top. It takes me ages to eat so, by the time I'm finished, I'm full! FYI, fruit has never ever filled me up in my life before.

I think the main thing I've come to realise with SW is that I need to change not only what I eat, but the way I eat. I've always been an incredibly fast eater. Gobble, gobble, gobble. Slowing down and taking the time to chew properly means that I'm actually full by the time I finish my meal so I don't go foraging for snacks that I don't really need. Win win situation.

I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since last Friday either so I think that's part of the reason why I'm feeling much less bloated than I did a couple of weeks ago. I'm not saying that I'm going to give up alcohol entirely (mainly because that would be a BIG FAT LIE) but I am cutting back dramatically. I am off to my friend N's tomorrow for drinks and DVDs but I'm going to stick to gin and slimline tonic. I've saved up a fair few syns so far this week so hopefully a few gins won't sabotage my weigh in too much!

No comments: