Thursday 21 January 2010

You've lost that hungry feeling...


Well, I haven't actually. Not quite. But I am a lot less hungry than I normally am. And, in a perverse sort of way, I'm actually enjoying the slight hunger that I am feeling. It feels like I'm in control of my eating for the first time in months, possibly years.

I'm only on Day 2 but already I feel slimmer. I know that it's probably just psychological and that, in reality, I can't possibly be slimmer after a couple of days. But, for me, the psychological aspect of dieting is the real obstacle. I have to feel like it's working or I give up.

I'll have to face my first real challenge tonight as I'm off out for dinner with my lovely friend N. I've been looking at the menu online and I think there are quite a few things that shouldn't use up too many syns (still hate that word). I'm going to try and stay away from alcohol but if I do end up with a glass of sauvignon blanc in my hand then I'm going to make sure it's just the one, and not beat myself up too much about it.

My problem has always been that I've crumbled after the slightest hiccup. I'd have a biscuit or a piece of cheese and then think 'oh that's it for the day then, it's ruined, i might as well eat myself out of house and home'. This time if I do slip up (and I'm sure I will) I'm going to give myself a kick up the bum and get right back on the wagon.

PMA and all that.

3 comments:

Jenn ♥ said...

I'm sure you'll do fine hun. Just try to enjoy yourself without thinking about it too much.
One glass of wine WILL NOT kill you! :)

Helen said...

Exactly. That's what I'm telling myself. And I did have a glass last night. And it didn't kill me. Or make me put on 3 stone.

Hurrah!

Lainey said...

Sounds like you're going kick some ass, g'friend! Or lose, some arse if I'm being literal.

Looking forward to reading about your success!