Saturday 8 January 2011

Weigh In #40


This is the post I've been dreading writing. I knew I'd gained a lot over Christmas but getting on the scales was still a bit of a shock last Tuesday. A gain of 10.5 pounds. UGH.

To break it down a little bit though, that wasn't all in one week. I hadn't been weighed for three weeks due to various commitments and reasons. So, looking at it like that, I suppose I can call it a gain of 3.5 pounds per week for three weeks. Still not great though, is it?

On Tuesday I was pretty gutted. I got home, sat on my sofa and had a little cry. I was angry, frustrated and so disappointed in myself. I was back to the same weight that I was before I went to New York in September. Three and a half months of weight loss negated by three weeks of stuffing my face with mince pies, roast potatoes and festive snacks. Now though, I've accepted and I'm fine. I know that the weight will come off again and I know that I will hit my target within the next couple of months.

If anything, it's just given me a wake up call and shown me that I can never go back to the way I used to eat. I felt horrible by the time New Year's Day rolled around. Fat, bloated and lethargic. Which was the way I used to feel ALL the time. I never want to feel like that again.

So, I may have 16.5 pounds to go now, rather than 6, but I will get there.

Starting Weight: 227 pounds
Current Weight: 163.5 pounds
Weight Loss Gain This Week: 10.5 pounds 
Total Weight Loss: 63.5 pounds
Target Weight: 147 pounds

16.5 pounds to go!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You WILL get there, Helen, I know you will.

Chin up my lovely. That weight will fall all; you'll be at target before you know it.

Jess Collings said...

you definatel will get there, you know you can do this xx